Spring Flowers and Bees

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Fun Weekend Project: Cranberry Swirl Loaf phase I

I'm planning to make Cranberry Marble Cake tomorrow morning, so I decided to make the cranberry sauce, which is going to be the swirl, tonight.
It's my first time making and I found out how quick and fun it can be.

Here's how:
1) Pour one cup of fresh cranberries (rinsed), 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of water into a saucepan.

2) Bring to a boil, watch how the cranberries start to pop, trying to break free from their skins. Don't forget to stir them. This, I think, is the fun part to watch! As they're getting swollen, the middle part is just filled with air.

3) Turn the heat to low to simmer. Keep stirring, try to crush those popped cranberries.

4) Add in grated lemon zest while stirring. The liquid is already evaporated by now, and you'll have a nice thick jelly-like cranberry sauce!


Have a follow-up with me tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home