Spring Flowers and Bees

Monday, December 26, 2005

So Sorry I was Away...

Last Tuesday my family from back home arrived, and that's when I stopped posting anything. Especially the very next day we packed up our stuff and head for BlueMountain in Collingwood. There we stayed in a two-bedroom cottage which was incredibly nice! It was even far better than my own dwelling! The important thing for me was that I get to prepare the foods for six people during our stay since the cottage has a fully-equipped kitchen and not equipped with food service. This is my first time preparing foods for a crowd.

So my mission is to share the pictures of our dinner table! Anyways, it wasn't only me cooking. My brother and my boyfriend also helped a lot! Isn't it weird that the helping hand that I got are from guys?

Here's the dinner of our first night in the cozy BlueMountain cottage:
  • Indonesian beef and potato patties called perkedel
  • Creamy Chickpea and Chicken Soup (courtesy of The Domestic Goddess)
  • White mushrooms in butter
  • Basmati Rice
The kitchen was exactly like my dream kitchen. It has a gas stove and microvawe all in elegant black. Every utensils were already there. I love the simple plate set which goes perfectly on the big wood table, fit for 8 people. On one side of the table, there was a big bench for three people. I can tell you we had a pleasant dinner!















The brown round thing on the side of the plates are perkedel" and I guess you can tell what the rest are. The "perkedel" might not look that appetizing because of my lack of presentation skills. However, they taste so good and very filling since they have been well spiced with nutmeg, white peppers, and sauteed shallots and garlic. I would post the recipe sometime if someone requested for it.


The very next thing that I prepared was a Japanese style lunch of:
  • Salmon Teriyaki
  • Enoki mushroom in butter
  • Nishiki Rice
  • and... bacon! (the guys wanted to eat more meat!!)


Whaddya guys think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salmon is a delicate food =p

5:36 AM  
Blogger மதி கந்தசாமி (Mathy Kandasamy) said...

Hi,

I love South East Asian food. I would love to learn indonesian cooking.

//The brown round thing on the side of the plates are perkedel" and I guess you can tell what the rest are. The "perkedel" might not look that appetizing because of my lack of presentation skills. However, they taste so good and very filling since they have been well spiced with nutmeg, white peppers, and sauteed shallots and garlic. I would post the recipe sometime if someone requested for it.
//

could u pls share the recipe for 'perkedel' and salmon teriyaki.

Thanks.

-Mathy

(mathygrps at gmail dot com

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home