Spring Flowers and Bees

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pondering Over Tea

I have a ritual every morning and every night which might seem outdated these days. But, yes, I drink tea every single day and night. There has never been a day that I sip no tea at all. This ritual has been a part of me since a long time ago. I remember! Since my mom told me that hot tea can help me relieve my early morning allergy.

In the beginning, I only drank regular tea that's available widely in my country, Indonesia. That is, Jasmine tea. So, each morning my mom woud prepare a cup of freshly brewed Jasmine tea. And it does help me relieve any morning sneezing.

Right now, having been living abroad for almost three years, my knowledge of tea has midened a little by a little. When I go to Tim Horton's, there are around 10 varieties of tea that you can choose. From English Breakfast to Peach Tea. Being adventurous (as I did with muffins), I tried different flavors of tea. Essentially, they all come from the same tea leaves, black tea leaves. Currently, in my kitchen cabinet I possess so many varieties of tea. Not that many that I can't list them here:
  • Tea leaves: Japanese green tea (ocha/sencha), Japanese roasted green tea (genmaicha), Jasmine tea (Tong Tji)
  • Tea bags: Earl Grey tea, Jasmine Green tea, Chai tea, English Breakfast, fruit-flavored teas ( mango, peach, caramel, vanilla, blueberry, blackcurrant, strawberry, lemon), herbal infusion (chamomile, African red bush, Peppermint green tea)
My favorites being, of course, Earl Grey and Mango!! Why? Earl Grey tea has a unique and classic flavour that nothing could imitate, it just brings back old memories. While mango tea, it has such sweet and candy-like fragrant, it's a treat for the nose!

There aren't that many after all... :p

I'm so pleased with these teas because they have been such a good companion during col days and during the times when I need to introspect myself. They provide such relief after a long day at school and after coming home from a windy road outside.

By the way, my favourite brand of tea overall is Dilmah, which you probably won't find in Canada since I bought it back home. And I always drink my tea without any sweetener, just milk. :)

Please, do share your favorite teas and the reason why.


4 Comments:

Blogger devilfighter said...

i don't have a particular favourite, because i just normally drink regular tea ... with milk =)

once i drank strawberry tea because my friend made it for me, and that tasted pretty good so i guess i shall name strawberry flavoured tea as the favourite flavoured tea =)

12:08 AM  
Blogger devilfighter said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:13 AM  
Blogger little pomelo said...

I LoOoOOve tea with meil too ^^

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the Dilmah Teas are now avilable in Toronto. Try the Highland Farm stores. Or the larger Sri Lankan grocery stores in Toronto suburbs carry a variety of Dilmah teas too.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home